Here we go again, another Ho-Hum weekend in terms of special events devoted to our favorite beverage. I have spent the week combing my sites and visiting liquor establishments and this is what I have found, if you are looking for things to do the next few days.
- Minnesota Monthly Food & Wine Experience is this weekend inside Target Field. Other than food and wine, they are also highlighting Summit Brewing, Bell’s Brewing, Schell’s Brewing and Surly Brewing, click HERE for the tap list. Tickets are sold out for tomorrow, but tickets are still available for Sunday. Click HERE for information.
- Steel Toe Brewing Company has announced that they will be selling growlers of their Size 11 today from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Zipp’s Liquors has announced a new brewery to Minnesota, Keweenaw Brewing from Houghton, Michigan. This beer is canned, so it will be a great addition to my golf bag or my beach bag. They brew 5 year round brews: Pick Axe Blonde Ale, Red Jacket Amber Ale, Lift Bridge Brown Ale, Widow Maker Black Ale, Olde Ore Dock Scottish Ale, to be fair I haven’t visited Zipp’s to see which beers they brought in. Another beer to add to my wish list!
Also Zipp’s announced that Odell Brewing Company is the Craft Beer of the month, which means special pricing on all Odell products.
- Lift Bridge Brewing Company’s taproom will be open today from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and will have Milk Stout on tap. In addition you should be able to find their bottled beers on liquor store shelves for the first time since July!
- Upcoming event for Monday March 5th:
Vine Park Brewery will be holding tours and tastings from 5:00 – 7:30, click HERE for more info.
I am sure this list isn’t complete, but you should be able to find something to do this weekend, if nothing else, patronize your local tavern and have a local BREW, CHEERS!!
- GROVELAND TAP: To call this a neighborhood tavern is an understatement, it is a friendly bar with 40 beers on tap. A little overwhelming, but at least you have a variety of the best breweries in the nation. Here is there current tap list updated yesterday:
Sam Adams Boston Lager
New Belgium Fat Tire
Michelob Golden Draft Light
Pretty IMPRESSIVE list and as I’ve said before it is a very nice place to hang and have a pint or three!
***I need a favor from loyal readers like you, Please LIKE this on Facebook and become a fan of the Beer North Facebook page, SHAMELESS PLUG I know, trying to build my readership!!
HAVE A GREAT MINNESOTA MARCH WEEKEND, THINK SPRING AND HAVE A PINT OR THREE!