- HAPPY LEAP DAY! There are a few specials today to commemorate Leap Day:
Town Hall Brewery: $2.50 Pints ALL DAY, click HERE for more info.
Pig & Fiddle: Battle of the Blondes, starting at 4:00 today, they are facing off two Belgian blondes against one another. The beers are Maredsous Blond and Leffe Blonde, for $5 you can buy a 2 beer flight and keep the glass of your choice.
The Happy Gnome: Left Hand Leap Day today from 5:00 to 8:00, they are serving a variety of Left Hand Brewing products including: Ambidextrous Ale Imperial Milkstout, Fade to Black Pepper Porter, and Nitro Milkstout on tap. They also have a variety of Left Hand bottles as well. Click HERE for more info.
The Lowry Uptown: Is offering $2.29 for all of their beers on tap for today.
The Groveland Tap: $2.29 taps all day!
- The Cask Ale Night at Brit’s Pub that I reported about on Monday has been rescheduled for Tuesday March 13th due to the weather.
- Lift Bridge Brewing is resuming bottle sales for the first time since July 2011, they had a capacity issue. The release of bottles is slated for March 1st, please look for their fine beers on your local shelves in the near future.
- Speaking of Summit, your first chance to taste Unchained #9 will be next Monday night at Stout’s Pub, they are holding a Summit Beer Dinner March 5th at 6:00, please call for reservations. Click HERE for more info. Other release parties for Unchained #9 are HERE.
- A couple of releases to look for in the next couple of weeks from J.J. Taylor Distributing. Schell’s Maifest will be released the first week of March and Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy will be released in the next few weeks. Summer Shandy is being released about a month earlier due to it’s success in the market the last few years.
- Leech Lake Brewing Company is expecting (depending on weather) to deliver their beer to metro area liquor stores tomorrow, so look for them this weekend. The specific stores that are being targeted are as follows:
Haskell’s (St. Paul)
Liquor Barrel Miracle Mile
Liquor Barrel Golden Valley
Liquor Barrel Mahtomedi
Liquor Barrel New Brighton
Northgate Liquors (Blaine)
Rum River Wine & Spirits
Saint Anthony Village Wine & Spirits (both locations)
The Ale Jail
Other locations are on their site, I plan on picking a six pack up this weekend as well!
- If you find yourself in Mankato, Mankato Brewery is releasing a new beer today, they call it Stickum (Shtickoom) and it is a dark alt style beer. They will be having release parties as follows: Wednesday night from 5pm-7pm at Patrick’s in St. Peter. Thursday night from 5pm-7pm at Pub500 in Mankato. Friday night from 5pm-7pm at RedSky in Mankato. Click HERE for more info on the beer.
- According to RateBeer.com the Top 50 U.S. Beers of 2012 has been released in case you missed it, HERE is the list.
- In case you forgot, I profiled Wynkoop’s 2012 Beer Drinker of the Year’s 3 finalists. The winner was announced and it was the guy that fasted on beer, my pick! Click HERE for the article.
- AND last and definitely not least, I have launched a Facebook Page for this site, search for Beer North and become a FAN! Or just click the Facebook button on the home page…
****CORRECTION, in yesterday’s post I mentioned an organic beer from Deschute’s that I now have found out that it is NOT available in Minnesota. Deschute’s Green Lakes as of now is NOT available in Minnesota, ask you local liquor store to see if they can order it in for you, I am sure they would be willing to help you out.